Greenhouse is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer who will be responsible for developing and optimizing manufacturing processes in accordance with business objectives. The Manufacturing Engineer will be the main point of contact to resolve engineering and maintenance issues in the plant.
We are looking for someone process and detail oriented, observant and self-driven, with excellent problem-solving abilities to fill this role. Experience in manufacturing is a requirement.
• Identify and implement technical solutions to eliminate variation, waste and downtime in the manufacturing processes
• Develop, track and act upon key equipment maintenance metrics
• Propose, justify and implement key improvements to both machines and manufacturing processes
• Lead all plant, building, building systems, and equipment maintenance activities to ensure excellent levels of process reliability
• Support all third-party certifications (Organic, SQF, NHP) by ensuring GMP design standards and equipment record keeping
• Directly support all production activities to ensure efficient production and timely resolution of issues
• Design, plan, and coordinate manufacturing processes
• Optimize manufacturing processes by using data from production and quality control
• Act as a point of contact for the resolution of production challenges
• Conduct root cause investigations on production failures
• Continuously monitor processes to ensure operational efficiency
• Manage and lead various engineering projects simultaneously to ensure they are completed on time and on budget
• Select, tender and negotiate pricing for new equipment
• Lead the hiring of third party consultants, engineers and specialists
• Commission and lead new technology studies for implementation
• Initiate, coordinate and foster a relationship with CFIA in anticipation of process commissioning audits
• Maintain pertinent engineering documents for plant
• Support health and safety initiatives
• Undergraduate degree in Engineering (mechanical, chemical, industrial or electrical)
• 3 to 7 years experience in the food and beverage industry
• EIT or P.Eng designation is considered an asset
• Working knowledge of refrigeration systems and process controls
• Demonstrated experience of continuous improvement in a manufacturing setting
• Preference given to those with capital project experience that include building a plant
• Effective verbal and written communication skills in English
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
• Ability to work well in a fast paced, changing environment
• Must be comfortable partially working in a refrigerated, wet environment
Greenhouse is a vertically integrated company seeking to make plant-based, healthy, and sustainable beverages the new normal. Headquartered in Toronto, our mission is to offer widespread, sustainable access to plant-based nutrition and wellness of the highest quality. Our goal is to make it simple to savour the present while looking out for a healthy future—ours, and that of our planet.
We launched in January 2014 with a single location on Toronto's Macpherson Avenue that doubled as our production facility (by night) and our sole retail store (by day). Five years in, we are a founder-led multi-channel business (14 corporate retail stores in Toronto, direct-to-consumer delivery in the GTA, and CPG/wholesale across Ontario and Quebec) operating from a state-of-the-art, 35,000-square-foot manufacturing facility in the GTA and a small head office in downtown Toronto.
We are committed to ensuring that all people-related actions such as recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, etc. are administered without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, or age. For individuals with disabilities, accommodations are available.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Greenhouse Team