Greenhouse is looking for an engaging Director of People & Culture who is responsible for leading and managing HR initiatives that support the company’s overall business strategy. The Director of People & Culture will be responsible for all initiatives associated with the employee life cycle in areas such as talent acquisition, onboarding, performance management, culture building, coaching, training & development, compensation, teambuilding, inclusion & diversity, engagement and employee relations.
As it currently stands this role is remote. A partial transition back into our downtown Toronto and Nashua offices may occur in the coming months with a split between. Greenhouse is a rapidly growing, vertically integrated start-up with national distribution. Our company values include environmental accountability, continuous improvement, teamwork, and inclusiveness.
Statement of Work & Responsibilities:
- Lead the People & Culture department, managing multiple stakeholders, working closely with Greenhouse executive
- Act as a business partner to provide coaching to executive and management teams on all HR related matters
- Design creative talent recruitment strategies, including hands on involvement with timely and targeted recruitment
- Partner with the leadership team to develop, build and execute employee retention programs
- Align organizational strategy (OKRs) to all HR activities
- Develop performance management systems to drive clarity and alignment through the organization for consistent talent management practices
- Facilitate annual performance review and goal setting processes for head office employees
- Implement talent development programs, including coaching, mentorship, and intern programs
- Implement, conduct and manage employee engagement surveys to understand the workplace and provide the employee voice to the executive team, with the goal of providing and enhancing positive employee culture
- Build focus around continuous learning and development; identify key training and development opportunities and workshops
- Build on policies, plans and practices to build and sustain a dynamic workplace that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion
- Ensure compliance with existing and forthcoming HR legislation
- Support communication strategy and schedule to maintain employee communications and engagement
- Become well versed in company HR processes, software systems and maintain timely maintenance to these processes and systems to support the business and employee programs
- Roll up your sleeves attitude, working side-by-side with existing HR members on a variety of projects, big and small
- Lead and manage the People & Culture Team
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications:
- Previous experience in an HR management capacity (5-7 years)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in HR related field
- CHRL,CHRE or equivalent masters in HR program considered an asset
- Solid knowledge of Ontario employment law
- Experience in the food and beverage industry preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience with talent acquisition in a high growth environment
- Significant change management, culture change and organizational development experience
- Superior communicator at all levels
Greenhouse is a plant-based beverage company and Certified B Corporation headquartered in Toronto. Founded in 2014, our mission is to offer widespread, sustainable access to plant-based nutrition and wellness of the highest quality. Our goal is to make it simple to savour the present while looking out for a healthy future—ours, and that of our planet.
It should be noted that in light of COVID and for the health & safety of our employees and applicants, we will be completing this selection process virtually until further notice. We appreciate your understanding with this.
As a company, Greenhouse is committed to ensuring that all people-related processes such as recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, and so forth are administered without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, or age. We value an inclusive workplace and will ensure our practices and policies uphold just this. For individuals with disabilities, accommodations are available.
We look forward to hearing from you!