Greenhouse is seeking a custodian who will be responsible for the cleanliness of the building and general maintenance of the outdoor area.
Our ideal candidate will be observant, organized, be able to work well independently, possess strong communication skills and a positive attitude. Candidates must have a good knowledge of building maintenance and proper cleaning methods.
The work schedule is Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm. This role is located at our Mississauga facility close to Pearson airport.
• Daily cleaning of communal office areas, lunch room, change rooms and washrooms
• Stock and maintain supplies for the washrooms and lunchroom
• Perform outdoor seasonal duties including exterior yard maintenance, clearing walkways of snow, collecting litter and leaves from the ground
• Collect and remove garbage and recycling
• Coordinate with contractors to ensure regular cleaning of floor mats, snow removal, duct cleaning, etc.
• Ensure first aid boxes are stocked
• Sort, flatten and pack cardboard in the warehouse
• Store and stage the dry supplies for delivery to our retail stores
• Monitor and adjust the controls for heating and cooling
• Minor maintenance and repairs such as replacing light bulbs, hanging white boards, fixing or assembling desks
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
• Ability to handle lightweight equipment and machinery
• Ability to use a ladder
• Preference given to those with GMP training
• Must have a strong understanding of WHMIS and MSDS
Greenhouse is a plant-based beverage company. Headquartered in Toronto, our mission is to offer widespread, sustainable access to plant-based nutrition of the highest quality. Our goal is to make it simple to savour the present while looking out for a healthy future—ours, and that of our planet.
We launched in January 2014 with a single location on Toronto's Macpherson Avenue that doubled as our production facility (by night) and our sole retail store (by day). We now have 16 company-owned shops, over thirty wholesale partners across Southern Ontario, and an online delivery and subscription service from greenhouse.ca.
As a company, we are committed to ensuring that all people-related actions such as recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, etc. are administered without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, or age. For individuals with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
The Greenhouse Team