Greenhouse is a plant-based beverage company. Headquartered in Toronto, our mission is to offer widespread, sustainable access to plant-based nutrition of the highest quality. Our goal is to make it simple to savour the present while looking out for a healthy future—ours, and that of our planet.
Product quality is our highest priority and has helped us build a strong following of loyal customers and a rapidly growing new customer base. Greenhouse is seeking a Quality Assurance Manager to lead the quality team and help us uphold our commitment to our mission statement and to our customers.
Our ideal candidate will be adept at managing risks, analyzing gaps and building sustainable procedures and systems to ensure we maintain our high standards. We are looking for candidates with an ability to prioritize, ability to hold others accountable to our standards, a high sense of urgency, strong powers of observation and good communication and collaboration skills to ensure quality of our product is an important factor in all initiatives.
• Ensure the safety and quality of all products produced by Greenhouse
• Clearly communicate quality initiatives and changes across all departments in the organization
• Perform proactive safety risk mitigation
• Lead the Quality Assurance team
• Investigate and address all food safety quality issues with Production Manager
• Lead all third-party audits for compliance and customer support
• Lead and manage all quality and food safety certifications, including kosher and organic certification
• Maintain SQF Level 2 and NHP certifications at the plant and ensure compliance with the necessary provincial and federal laws and governing bodies
• Create, maintain and validate all production and quality SOPs
• Provide quality direction and training on GMP, HACCP, SQF, SOPs, SSOPs to all supply chain and production personnel
• Support integration of new technologies
• Digitization and migration of quality logs to cloud software
• Act as a quality representative on project teams
• Overall process equipment oversight relating to quality assurance
• Perform risk management regarding supply contracts and agreements
• Oversight of sanitation team and chemical supplier
• End of shelf life quality validation
• Minimum 7 years in quality assurance management in a food processing facility
• Working knowledge of kosher and organic certified run facility
• Bachelor of Science degree (Food Science or Engineering)
• Previous experience acting as the main point of contact for third party audits
• Ability to adapt in a fast paced, rapidly changing work environment
• Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy
• Strong level of comfort working with computer technology and food processing technology
We launched in January 2014 with a single location on Toronto's Macpherson Avenue that doubled as our production facility (by night) and our sole retail store (by day). We now have 16 company-owned shops, over thirty wholesale partners across Southern Ontario, and an online delivery and subscription service from greenhouse.ca.
As a company, we are committed to ensuring that all people-related actions such as recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, etc. are administered without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, or age. For individuals with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
The Greenhouse Team