Are you a self-motivated sales leader with an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for health and wellness? Greenhouse is seeking a Sales Manager to help build the western Canadian arm of its nascent sales force.
Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Sales Manager - West will be responsible for executing and managing Greenhouse’s sales operations in the western region (British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba). The Manager’s core focus will be to secure Greenhouse placement on-shelf across key retailer partners (both mass and independent) in the western marketplace.
This is a full-time, Vancouver-based role within a rapidly growing start-up headquartered in Toronto. It will require some work on evenings and weekends, as well as significant (20-30%) time spent travelling.
- Leading all sales efforts for Greenhouse in the western region
- Executing on all company sales initiatives and objectives, resulting in the successful achievement of annual sales targets
- Executing on our 4P strategies; balancing company objectives with what is required to work with key customer partners for achieving sales goals
- Leading in the development and execution of all sales strategies, presentations, and negotiations with customers across all channels and classes of trade
- Developing all broker and distributor partner teams to execute with excellence across all areas of sales
- Developing, reporting on, and tracking corporate sales initiatives, including sales, trade spend, and forecasting within corporate objectives
- Monitoring market trends to use with sales forecasting and strategic planning to ensure sale and profitability of products
- Working closely with all functional teams (Operations, Merchandising, Marketing, Finance) as a key contributor to the company’s overall success and profitability
- Consulting with marketing on planning of all trade and consumer events as well as trade and consumer advertising and collateral
- Constantly optimizing the customer’s experience and helping to develop best practices and processes
Required Skills + Experience:
- Independent, proactive, and organized individual with a keen analytical mind
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Powerful work ethic, sense of urgency, and ability to prioritize
- A keen eye for merchandising and optimizing sell-through with presentation, marketing materials, and placement
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritize independently
- Strong leadership skills, with ability to motivate and influence people
- Must have very strong computer skills (Excel modeling, PowerPoint, etc.)
Educational + Professional Background:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Sales experience: 4+ years of sales experience, ideally within a fast-paced company, calling on all accounts in all classes of trade
Greenhouse is a plant-based beverage company. Headquartered in Toronto, our mission is to offer widespread, sustainable access to plant-based nutrition of the highest quality. Our goal is to make it simple to savour the present while looking out for a healthy future—ours, and that of our planet.
We launched in January 2014 with a single location on Toronto's Macpherson Avenue that doubled as our production facility (by night) and our sole retail store (by day). We now have 14 company-owned shops, over thirty wholesale partners across Southern Ontario, and an online delivery and subscription service from greenhouse.ca.
As a company, we are committed to ensuring that all people-related actions such as recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, etc. are administered without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, or age. For individuals with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
The Greenhouse Team