Greenhouse is seeking a Foodservice and E-Commerce Sales Director to lead the strategic development of these sales channels across Canada.
The Director will be in charge of developing our strategy in line with Greenhouse’s vision, and of carrying it out with the support of our cross-functional teams. We are seeking an accountable, results-driven individual who can build a plan, set targets, and follow through, all the while monitoring ROI.
This is a full-time role within a rapidly growing startup headquartered in Toronto. It will require some work on evenings and weekends, as well some time spent travelling.
Our ideal candidate will be a self motivated strategic thinker. We also value excellent communication skills, strong work ethic, a sense of urgency, and the ability to prioritize.
• Develop strategies that support the overall vision for Greenhouse in e-commerce and foodservice
• Set and achieve sales quota targets
• Develop budgets to support initiatives
• Manage the implementation of new channel features
• Conduct market research on new geographies, identify customer needs, and implement channel specific features to address those needs
• Gather market intelligence about competitive products in e-commerce and sales in the regions we operate
• Work cross-functionally with marketing team to consult on campaigns that drive sales growth
• Work closely with field sales teams to drive results to support key programs and initiatives
• Manage the foodservice sales team members
• Recruit, coach, and develop all future staff members and partner teams to execute with excellence across all types of clients
• Act as a liaison between the operations teams and the customer
• Ensure all communications to clients align with our corporate branding
• 5+ years in sales or marketing with a CPG business
• Must have experience working in Ontario with preference given to those who have experience working in Quebec and across Canada
• Strong presentation skills and project management skills
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (MBA is an asset)
• Beverage experience and/or natural food products experience is an asset
• Experience as a B2B sales professional is an asset
• French language skills are an asset
• Must be comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment
Greenhouse is a vertically integrated company seeking to make plant-based, healthy, and sustainable beverages the new normal. Headquartered in Toronto, our mission is to offer widespread, sustainable access to plant-based nutrition and wellness of the highest quality. Our goal is to make it simple to savour the present while looking out for a healthy future—ours, and that of our planet.
We launched in January 2014 with a single location on Toronto's Macpherson Avenue that doubled as our production facility (by night) and our sole retail store (by day). Five years in, we are a founder-led multi-channel business (14 corporate retail stores in Toronto, direct-to-consumer delivery in the GTA, and CPG/wholesale across Ontario and Quebec) operating from a state-of-the-art, 35,000-square-foot manufacturing facility in the GTA and a small head office in downtown Toronto.
We are committed to ensuring that all people-related actions such as recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, etc. are administered without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, or age. For individuals with disabilities, accommodations are available.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Greenhouse Team