Are you a highly-motivated self-starter with strong communication skills? Greenhouse is seeking a part-time Field Merchant with previous grocery/retail experience to be responsible for the "health of the shelf". This is a travelling role, with 100% of your time out on the field.
● Cultivates a positive relationship with the teams at stores ensuring a friendly, professional, and respectful manner at all times
● Executes store audits/merchandising (removing off-codes, following planogram and FIFO procedures, working backstock, checking shelf tags, facing)
● Identifies planogram non-compliance and provides feedback (Correct where applicable), and suggests planogram improvements (where applicable)
● Checks and pulls the off-code product, ensuring customers are not finding the expired product on the shelf
● Explains and works with each account to ensure credit process is being followed if it is a guaranteed sale
● Explains the ordering process the management of each store, and ensure that it is followed, and escalating any issues when needed
● Report any issues to Field Merchandising Manager and follow up with the store to be sure it gets corrected
● Secure incremental or secondary shelf placement of Greenhouse where possible (ie. grab & go, HMR, others)
● Discusses the upcoming demo schedule with stores: encouraging the store to increase with the order based on items being sampled
● Weekly maintenance of POS materials/merchandising unit, and reporting any items that need replacing immediately
● Creates a gap report for accounts, and makes suggestions where we can increase SKU count
● Provides competitive intel/competitive pricing reports (where applicable)
• Communication – Ability to engage and interact with store management in an effective way that requires good communication skills
• Decision Making – Ability to make a plan of action for each account when they need improvement
• Self-Motivation – Must work well independently and be proactive
• Flexibility – Able to adapt to successfully to changing situations and environments
• Detail oriented- Ability to identify and correct discrepancies with the product, planograms, shelf strips and merchandising units, staff, ordering, etc.
Required travel: up to 100%
Greenhouse is a modern CPG company offering healthy, sustainable alternatives across multiple high-growth beverage categories including cold-pressed juice, kombucha, and non-dairy milk. Our mission is to offer widespread, sustainable access to plant-based nutrition and wellness of the highest quality.
Founded in Toronto in 2014, Greenhouse has built a strong local brand and sold millions of bottles to date through 14 company-owned stores in the GTA. In 2017/2018 we commissioned a state-of-the-art, 35 000 sq ft, organic and GFSI certified plant — laying the groundwork for national expansion.
As a company, we are committed to ensuring that all people-related actions such as recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, etc. are administered without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, or age. For individuals with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
The Greenhouse Team