Are you a highly motivated self-starter with strong communication skills? Greenhouse is seeking a full-time Field Sales Representative with previous grocery/retail experience to be responsible for the "health of the shelf".
- Reports directly to Field Merchandising Manager
- Coverage at various banners: Chain and Independents in GTA East
- Required travel: up to 100%
- Cultivates a positive relationship with the teams at stores ensuring a friendly, professional, and respectful manner at all times
- Executes store audits/merchandising with reporting through Repsly (removing off-codes, following planogram and FIFO procedures, working back stock, checking shelf tags, facing)
- Identifies planogram non-compliance and provides feedback (Correct where applicable), and suggests planogram improvements (where applicable)
- Checks and pulls the off-code product, ensuring customers are not finding the expired product on the shelf
- Explains the ordering process the management of each store, and ensure that they are following the process, and escalating any issues when needed
- Cultivates relationships with distribution partner field reps
- Escalate areas of focus, feedback from stores, closure of SKU gaps, correcting out of stocks, fulfilling off-shelf placements, etc.
- Reports out of stocks and works with Field Merchandising Manager on a plan to course correct
- Walks the store through the order/delivery process - encouraging self-sufficiency
- Escalates the issue to the Field Merchandising Manager for accounts that have orders placed by the distributor
- Ensures price compliance
- Securing incremental or secondary shelf placement of Greenhouse where possible
- Targets additional display space to support upcoming promotional ads/events
- Provides competitive intel/competitive pricing reports (where applicable)
- Communication – Ability to engage and interact with store management in an effective way that requires excellent communication skills
- Decision Making – Ability to make a plan of action for each account when they need improvement
- Self-Motivation – Works well independently and is proactive
- Flexibility – Able to adapt successfully to changing situations and environments
- Detail-oriented- Ability to identify and correct discrepancies with the product, planograms, shelf strips and merchandising units, staff, ordering, etc.
Greenhouse is a Toronto company on a mission to offer widespread, sustainable access to plant-based nutrition of the highest quality. Founded by a family of friends in 2014 with a single shop on Macpherson Avenue, Greenhouse now operates a centralized production facility, a handful of store locations, a GTA-wide delivery service, and a network of wholesale partners across Ontario. Greenhouse has been recognized with numerous brand awards including DesignThinker of the Year in 2019 and Strategy Brand of the Year in 2018, and was named a Top Startup by Linkedin in 2019. Greenhouse’s head office in downtown Toronto is a dynamic workplace offering competitive compensation and employee benefits.
It should be noted that in light of COVID and for the health & safety of our employees and applicants, we will be completing this selection process virtually until further notice. We appreciate your understanding with this!
As a company, Greenhouse is committed to ensuring that all people-related processes such as recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, and so forth are administered without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, or age. We value an inclusive workplace and will ensure our practices and policies uphold just this. For individuals with disabilities, accommodations are available.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Greenhouse Team