Greenhouse is seeking a Lead Driver who will oversee the delivery staff during the pm/night shift and act as an additional driver.
The Lead Driver will modify schedules and routing as needed for drivers, ensure the drivers are meeting their deliverables and deliver our product to our customers across different distribution channels (retail, wholesale and home delivery).
Our delivery team members are assigned a refrigerated company cube van to complete their route. Delivery locations are assigned within the Greater Vancouver Area.
This is a permanent role that is benefits eligible. Shifts are flexible and typically begin overnight at 4 am and typically last between 8 to 12 hours.
We are looking for someone strong communication skills, analytical capabilities, practical problem-solving skills, reliable, driven, safety focused, detail oriented, and thorough.
• Modify routes for the team before each shift to accommodate home delivery and any additional changes needed
• Resolve staff scheduling issues, making sure all routes have proper coverage
• Ensure all routes leave on time
• Assist the drivers to resolve any problems encountered on their routes
• Constantly review the opportunity to create efficiencies with our delivery process
• Select, load and unload product from the van based on the assigned distribution channel and route
• Complete all required stops as indicated on the routing schedule to accommodate on time deliveries
• Update completion of delivery on assigned route and collect signatures from customers for proof of delivery
• Integrate with our customer service team to help forecast customer needs, escalate needs to demand planning and troubleshoot any delivery problems
• Continually review transportation and freight costs to keep them down where possible
• Report any maintenance issues with the company vehicle and ensure preventative maintenance is performed on vehicles
• Investigate disputed deliveries by reviewing original orders and problem solving to ensure any issues are corrected
• May be required to interact with customers, depending on the route
• Escalate any issues with orders or delivery to Logistics Manager as required
• Possess a clean driving record
• Proficiency in using a smartphone, tablets and navigation apps
• Effective verbal and written communication skills in English
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds regularly
• Preference is given to those with supervisory experience
• Strong analytical skills and practical decision-making skills
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced, changing environment
Greenhouse is a modern CPG company offering healthy, sustainable alternatives across multiple high-growth beverage categories including cold-pressed juice, kombucha, and non-dairy milk. Our mission is to offer widespread, sustainable access to plant-based nutrition and wellness of the highest quality.
Founded in Toronto in 2014, Greenhouse has built a strong local brand and sold millions of bottles to date through 14 company-owned stores in the GTA. In 2017/2018 we commissioned a state-of-the-art, 35 000 sq ft, organic and GFSI certified plant — laying the groundwork for national expansion.
As a company, we are committed to ensuring that all people-related actions such as recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, etc. are administered without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, or age. For individuals with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
The Greenhouse Team